On this post, i would like to talk about 6 handy and easy parenting tips that i believe would be helpful for Parents out there and also help the children.
1. Love – This should be the first and foremost in not only Parenting, but also other aspects of Relationship. Showing Love in this case is not all about Money, its about sincere caring and letting them know they matter to you.
By showing love to your kids, they would be able to have full confidence in you and also boost their self-esteem.
2. Provide Needs – Giving birth to a baby doesn’t makes you a Responsible Parent but Providing the basic needs for them. It baffles me when some parents said ‘he can take of himself’ to their child whom is not yet independent.
Although this can be true in some cases but not all cases. You have to build your child to a certain level before he/she can become independent.
3. Make yourself available – Because of the No #2 i mentioned above, most parents have to engage themselves in a Job that pays well. Sometimes the job especially that of the man ends up consuming lots of time thus making it hard for the man to spend time with his family.
However it is still possible to create quality time and spend with your family especially the kids. Most children needs their parents to listen to their worries (See No #4 about Listening) and making yourself available for them is one of the best thing to them.
Check out Also: What Children Need From Their Parents
4. Be a Good Listener and Observer – As a parent, Its one thing to be a listener and its another thing to be a GOOD listener. When discussing with your children and they’re sharing their worries with you, do not listen for the sake of listening only but also to analyze their worries and also attempts to offer solution.
Also be a good observer who knows when their child is feeling uneasy about something. This will help in building children’s self esteem
Prepare your child for the future and also the future for your child.
6. Integrate them to larger society – Sooner or later, your child will need to become part of the larger society apart from the immediate family before becoming independent. Whilst they would have to do lots of things on their own, it would be easier and faster to help them.
Integrate your child to the larger society but before then, try to guide them so they won’t fall into the wrong hands.
Lastly, i want to use this moment to commend the efforts of all Responsible Parents out there.